Friday, July 1, 2011

Food Photo(s) Friday - Ladies Night

I had the pleasure of dining with Michelle C. (Foodiethenew40), Amy D. (SushiGirl_ATX) & Michelle's lovely pup, Mindy-Loo, on Tuesday night. We had been planning this dinner for quite some time and I was super excited when the day finally came. Rachelle (Blinded Bite) & Linda (Girl Eats World) were supposed to join us, but I was sad to hear Rachelle had a class and Linda was feeling like "death". Rachelle, hope your class was awesome & Linda, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm telling ya, you just need some sleep woman! Y'all were truly missed! 

We decided on having dinner at G'Raj Mahal. I learned about this place from Linda's blog post and then I happened to see them featured on one of the shows of The Cooking Channel. It looked amazing and I was shocked I had never heard about it til now. Thankfully, my lovely friends were willing to take my G'Raj Mahal virginity. I had the best time with Michelle and Amy... Then again I always have a good time with my foodie friends. 

Here are some perks about G'Raj Mahal (exerted from Amy's Yelp review):
1. BYOB
2. Conveniently located to the Rainey street bars
3. Waiter service
4. Plentiful shaded area

I couldn't agree more! BYOB? CHYEAAAAAH! Amy brought us some delightful bottles of Sake2Me.. After she introduced me to it, I fell in love! I can always count on my ladies to broaden my horizons and introduce me to new things.

Garlic naan... To die for!
You can even see Mindy in the top left corner peeking at the naan ;]

Curried lamb samosas
I'm not big on lamb, but it was delicious!
I'm thankful Mindy-Loo allowed me to photograph her.
Michelle says she's not a big fan of the camera.
You couldn't tell from this photo ;]
Classic curry with chicken
Lamb rack
(More like lamb lollipops!)
I should've copied Michelle & Amy and gotten the lamb too!
I wasn't a huge fan of lamb due to past experiences, but G'Raj Mahal has changed my mind <3
Sake2Me
LOVE IT!

Thank you Michelle & Amy for making my first experience at G'Raj Mahal memorable and tasty. I can't wait to go back!

Happy eatings! =)

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! Your photos turned out great! That was so much fun...we need to get together again soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ms. Optimista. Next time I'll be sure not to be dying. ;) The lamb looks DELICIOUS. I want, I want, I want.

    Sigh.

    Mindy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle: Thank you! I wish I got a better photo of your lamb... I just wanted to eat so I didn't bother perfecting it =P The natural light helped also! I can't wait to do this again <3

    Chi Linda: Wish you were there. Let's go soon? I want their lamb again!!!

    ReplyDelete