Saturday, May 30, 2015

Date Night: Madam Mam's

FIRST BLOG POST IN MORE THAN THREE YEARS!

Hello old friend! Let's catch up. Some things have changed over the past couple of years. I graduated from UTSA (Go Roadrunners!!), started my Human Resources career, and got engaged to the love of my life! Things are good!

I am excited to start blogging again. This will serve as my "food diary" and help me reflect over the years. It was fun looking back at my old food posts!

So last Saturday, it was storming like CRAZY. Austin and surrounding cities were even flooding! So what did the honey and I do? We ventured out into the storm and go out to eat 20 minutes away from our home. We're nuts. I'm glad he was driving his truck because 1.) my driving skills at night have declined and 2.) my coupe would not have made it in the storm.

It took us about 30 minutes to figure out what we wanted for dinner. Is this a glimpse of married life? If so, that's not so bad. Plus, if it's the only "REAL" issue we have, we should be just fine! By the time it took us to figure out what to eat and for him to pick me up, it was almost 9:45pm. Dinner at 10pm? YIKES! Luckily one of our food/restaurant staples was open until 11pm that night. Madam Mam's is our FAVORITE Thai place in Austin. We've probably had more than 50+ lunches/date nights here during our 6.5 years together.

The honey orders the same thing every time.. The Pad Spaghetti Kee Mao with flat noodles, pork, chicken, and extra noodles if he's feeling hungry. He got lucky this particular night because the chef must have been feeling generous. They happened to double his usual order. He had a HUGE plate! You can't tell in the photo, but his plate was a lot larger than mine. It was so funny because our waitress said "WOW! So heavy and so much food!" and she made a funny comment about him eating the whole plate and he said "Oh, I will!" If you know my honey, you know that he can eat! He's lucky he has a fast metabolism. Me, not so lucky. Pfft.

I go back and forth between my two favorite plates... The Pad Thai with beef or Pad See Ew with beef. This time I got the Pad See Ew with beef and flat noodles. One day I will be able to make these two dishes like Mam's does (HOPEFULLY!). They are so amazing, tasty, garlicky, and packed with flavor.

Look at that plate! It's all gone!!!


Madam Mam's 
Village Shopping Center
2700 W Anderson Ln Suite 419
Austin, TX


Happy eatings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment