Friday, August 12, 2011

Food Photo(s) Friday - Rice Bowl Cafe

I've been hearing such great things about this place. I heard it was kind of like Coco's. Jonhnny and I have been wanting to try it for so long. Last night we were stumped on where to go eat dinner and suddenly the light bulb went off in my head. LET'S GO TO RICE BOWL CAFE!

Rice Bowl Cafe
11220 N. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78753


It's located right where Exotic Thai used to be right off of Lamar & Braker. Kind of wish it had a better location, but it seems business is still great even for a not-so-visible location. I asked my friend Peter what I should eat. He told me to get the green onion pancake, szechuan beef noodle soup, and mapo tofu. We got 2/3 on the list. 

Edamame
We also got the miso soup. Ehhh I think we would've been ohkay without the edamame and miso soup. The edamame was overcooked. Some pieces of the pod kept getting in my mouth and the miso soup was cold and bland.
Green Onion Pancake
A little too oily for my taste.
Pork on Rice w/ a Black Pepper Sauce
This was pretty good! I wish it had pickled veggies like Coco's though...
Szechuan Beef Noodle Soup
Made with an amazing broth that's packed with flavor, beef that's melt in your mouth tender, and delicious hand made noodles. AH! So glad Peter told us to try this. It was delicious!!!!
Even when Jonhnny was filled up to the max, he could NOT stop sipping the broth. 
I had to pull the bowl away from him. =P

Other than the miso soup and edamame malfunctions, I cannot wait to go back!!! =D

&& Like hubby always says... HAPPY EATINGS!!!!! =D

2 comments:

  1. ahh that looks so good! haha i'm jealous! i've got thai food in front of me but it doesn't look as appetizing as what you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha babe you're too sweet! I LOVE Thai food. I would choose pad thai over a lot of food. What's your favorite Thai dish?

    ReplyDelete