Monday, June 22, 2015

Date Night: The Peached Tortilla

If you haven't heard about The Peached Tortilla and you live in Austin, you must be living under a rock! The Peached Tortilla is the love child of Asian classics and Southern comfort food. I first heard about Peached back in 2011 when my Twitter game was real strong (hah!). I was really eager about trying the place out!

When Peached first started, they were a food truck stationed at Star Bar (West 6th Street) on the weekends. I remember being greeted by a kind, charming face. That face was Mr. Eric Silverstein himself. He asked me how I heard about Peached and I said "TWITTER!!" Lol thank god for social media!

Four or so years later, Eric opened his brick and mortar and I couldn't be happier for him. I didn't know how hard it was for him to start out until I read this article on Business Insider (click). I knew it was difficult, but I didn't think it was that difficult! Eric even talks about wanting to give up. Boy am I glad that he kept up the fight! I can't imagine life without The Peached Tortilla.

I just turned twenty six and what better way than to celebrate with good food? The honey is all about Peached too! I'm so glad that they accept reservations. That was probably the only way for us to get in to eat. When we arrived, the place was flooded with hungry folks. And luckily, the businesses across the street allow for customers to park there after hours. The parking would be horrendous without that option.

We ordered five dishes, one being the famous JapaJam burger, for two people... We asked our waiter if that was enough to fill us up. He said oh definitely and that the JapaJam burger is a meal in and of itself. I told him, "we can eat!" Oh yes we can!

Margarita de Peached
(habanero infused tequila, thai basil, cointreau, lime juice)


Charred Brussels
(bacon jam, Parmesan, lemon oil)
this photo does not do these brussels justice... just sayin'!
Mom's Toast
(chopped shrimp. ground pork, gochujang chili sauce, fresh herbs)
**WOW! I felt like I was eating upscale dim sum!**


Crispy Umami Chicken Wings
(fish sauce vinaigrette, herbs, shallots)


JapaJam Burger w/ Fries
(tomato jam, 6 oz all beef patty, pepper-jack cheese, fried egg, tempura onion rings, chinese bbq sauce)
**Possibly mine and honey's favorite dish!**


Lush Pork Belly Bowl
(five spice pork belly, house kimchi **TO DIE FOR!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!**,
pickled daikon carrots, 45 minute egg)
**This dish was so rich and packed with flavor! Wowzaaaaaaaa**



The food was amazing, the service was great, and I got to celebrate another year with the honey. But one of my highlights was getting to see Eric! It was so great seeing an old friend and it makes me so happy to see him become so successful. It warms my heart to see people who work hard and strive to succeed, do exactly that... Succeed. I cannot say enough good things about Eric and his delicious creations! Thank you for a splendid evening!


Birthday girl gets to have dessert right???
I was thrilled to hear that Lick had a food truck at their future location.
We were INCREDIBLY stuffed to the MAX MAX MAX.... but who could say no to Lick?!?!??!!

My current favorite flavors from Lick are the Texas au Lait and the Caramel Salt Lick... OOOHH TO DIE FOR!!!!

The future home of the new Lick Ice Creams!
CAN'T WAIT!
6555 Burnet Road   |   Austin, TX 78757

The Peached Tortilla
(Food truck changes location daily... Check website & Twitter for updates!)
Brick and Mortar:
5520 Burnet Rd.
Ste. 100
Austin, TX 78756


Lick Ice Creams
2032 South Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78704
*Burnet location to come!


Til next time my friends....

Happy Eatings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment