Monday, June 15, 2015

Good Eats for a Good Cause

If you live in Texas, you are aware of the floods we had a few weeks ago. It is such a devastating and helpless feeling watching these floods take people's lives and homes. When I heard that Hopdoddy was going to be donating 100% of ALL SALES (not just profit!!!!) all day on June 4th, I knew that I had to join in for the cause.

Of course the lines for June 4th would be massive, as if the lines weren't already massive..... LOL! I asked my boss and co-worker to tag along for the deliciousness. We have it all figured out. We leave the office by 10:30 and get to Hopdoddy around 10:45 then stand in line for a little bit. When we pulled up to Hopdoddy that day around 10:45, there were already about 20 people in line ahead of us. Hopdoddy has such a huge following! (I already knew that... but just WOW!)

I decided on getting the Continental Club: turkey patty with provolone cheese, apple-smoked bacon (because BACON), arugula, mayo, and basil pesto on a wheat bun. Let me tell you... The wheat bun at Hopdoddy is just a thing of beauty, along with the spicy arugula, fatty bacon, and salty cheese. You have one amazing burger. You don't even miss the mooooo! And you feel just a little bit healthier because you got arugula and the wheat bun.

We also got the chili cheese fries with ground bison and the truffle fries to share among the three of us. I have never had the truffle fries before, but I quickly fell in love after trying the truffle aioli. YUM!

Kennebec Fries with Chili Cheese + Ground Bison

Truffle Fries with Parmesan + Truffle Aioli

Continental Club

Look at that marvelous burger!!!!!

AMAZING Hopdoddy + Austin!!!
I love my city!!


Happy eatings!

(Multiple Locations Throughout Texas, One in Arizona, and One in Colorado)
I went to the one on Anderson Lane:
2438A W. Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78757
(In the same parking lot as Precision Camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment