Friday, April 8, 2011

Food Photo Friday - Oh Domo-kun!

I had the chance to meet a bunch of amazing people last Saturday during Austin Bakes for Japan. It was an amazing experience for me. I got the chance to help raise money for Japan and make a difference in someone's life. Knowing that I could help someone else in need, gives life so much more meaning. One of the amazing people I got to meet was Tien Bui, owner and baker of Sweet Pop Shop. Sound familiar? You might have seen her cake pops at The Peached Tortilla. Tien made adorable Domo-kun cupcakes, along with amazing cake pops and cute cupcakes, for the bake sale. My boyfriend and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Domo-kun! I knew which items I wanted to get at the bake sale. I got to help people in Japan by donating and volunteering AND get adorable Domo-kun cupcakes for my boy and I. Win-win! I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday. We won some Domo plushes at D&B for Jonhnny's birthday so I figured I would have some fun with them and their twin cupcakes ;]


Oh nom nom nom nom! =D


And together we helped raise OVER $11,000 for Japan. Austin is AMAZING!

3 comments:

  1. That photo of Domo & his twin cupcake is toooo cute! CONGRATS on such a crazy successful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! =) You helped contribute to such a successful event! I'm so glad I got to see you that day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeee these photos.
    I'm craving cupcakes :(

    ReplyDelete