Thursday, May 26, 2011

Foodie Quickie

Last Tuesday, May 17, was my friend's 22nd birthday. He chose BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse for his birthday. Good choice, buddy. BJ's is one of mine and Jonhnny's favorite places to eat. We used to go to the one off Brodie Ln in Sunset Valley.. But that was about 30 minutes away from home for us. I'm so glad they opened one at the Arbor Walk. We aren't big on beer, but we are big on ROOT BEER. BJ's brews their own beer AND root beer. Besides from good root beer, their food is mouth-watering. One of our staples is the Thai shrimp lettuce wraps. Jonhnny and I are still trying to figure out the recipe. He even wanted me to work here to find the secret =P

Strawberry Margarita
Note: Beware of this beast. I was sipping it and it tasted just like juice. I was like "Where's all the alcohol?" Ohh.. I took back that statement after 30 minutes. =(
 Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
There's 4 wraps per order.
 Grilled Chicken Pasta with Broccoli
My dinner. The chicken was a little dry and cold... I was a bit disappointed, but I got over it.
 Pulled Pork Sandwich
This was honey's dinner. It was our first time trying it was ok. Don't think we would order it again.
Pepperoni Calzone
Our friend, Armando's, dinner

I think Jonhnny and I had an off night that night when we ordered their food because we were trying to "try new things" on the menu. Sadly, the two items we chose weren't that great. But I know their other items are slammin'!


Wednesday, May 18, I was scheduled to film for Eat St. on the Cooking Channel. The set was stationed at The Evil Wiener (a place I had been wanting to try for so long).. I didn't expect too much that day so I just showed up, stood in line, and waited to order. When I got to the front of the line, I got to meet Anna, the owner of Evil Wiener. She was super friendly and nice. I ordered the Alamo (wiener with queso, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips) and french fries. I waited around and thought someone would come up to me and ask me to shoot for the show. Sadly, no one did. So I got my food and sat at a table and ate with my pup alongside me. I guess it didn't bother me too much that I didn't get to shoot because the food was delicious. I can't wait to go back with my boyfriend and show him what he missed!

 The Alamo
Drooling aren't cha? ;]
Crunchy Fries =D
Just a bit of seasoning + Ketchup... Sometime simple is the best way to go. 

After the Evil Wiener, I popped into Polkadots Cupcake Factory for four cupcakes... YUMMY =)

2 Boston Cream Pies, 1 Peanut Butter + Chocolate, 1 Strawberry Shortcake
Man I love that peanut butter frosting... I'm drooling now!

Man after finishing that post, I wish I had a lettuce wrap with a hot dog and a cupcake for dessert. Sigh... =(

4 comments:

  1. Why yes, I am in fact drooling over The Alamo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha <3 Maybe we could go there for lunch one day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to try the Evil Wiener! That looks so delicious. And I love crunchy fries!

    Also, I am all agog over those cupcakes...even though it is nearly 1 a.m.... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's go try Evil Wiener together some time! Their food is amazing. Well then again you can't go wrong with queso on a hot dog!

    I am a fiend for cupcakes... Any time of day. Or night ;]

    ReplyDelete