Sunday, March 6, 2011

Houston for the day =)

Jonhnny had to go pick up some car parts today in Houston and another friend asked us to pick up some car parts for him also... So I was super excited to get to eat some good Houston food! We had Tan Tan off Bellaire and Ranchester and after lunch, I desperately wanted to try Crave Cupcakes since I saw them on Girl Eats World's (Linda) foodie blog.. YUM. When I got there, I was SUPER excited. I took out my camera like a little tourist and started snapping photos. The bakery seemed busy because everyone came in groups, but other than that, it wasn't that busy. I was curiously looking through the glass at their lovely cupcakes. As I was snapping photos, they were angrily asking to help whoever was next. I didn't appreciate that. Let me take in all the lovely cupcakes, don't ruin my mood. When I got to the counter, the young lady took my order... in an annoyed fashion. I asked her what was good, and she just told me something that she had seemed to memorize. Eh, wasn't the best service. I ordered two strawberry and two red velvet cupcakes. The strawberry was good, I liked that the cupcake was moist and had real strawberries in them, but I think the frosting was too sweet (always an issue for me). I've been to Sprinkles Cupcakes before and I thought the cupcakes were super cute too just like Crave's. But they both are just average cupcakes to me; not enough cake, too much sweet frosting, and a little too expensive for a cupcake. Don't get me wrong, they are delicious and beautiful cupcakes... Just not my perfect cupcake. Next time I'm in Houston, I might just go to Sprinkles since their cupcake makers and sellers are a lot sweeter. No pun intended ;]



Pretty cupcakes =)


Two Strawberry cupcakes, Two Red Velvet cupcakes =)


Cute box. Love the colors

2 comments:

  1. Another nitpicky thing about Crave is that it's not very original. It's Houston specific which is nice but they seemed to have borrowed a lot of inspiration from Sprinkles.

    Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! When I saw the cupcakes, I thought it looked exactly like Sprinkles' cupcakes. Not original at all! But it was worth trying. Thanks for blogging about it.. Or else I would've never known about the place =)

    ReplyDelete